Pages

Sunday 18 June 2017

Trump’s photo with Rhode Island Teacher of the Year goes viral


 Rhode Island's Teacher of the Year made his LGBT pride known when he struck a fierce pose in a photo-op with United States President Donald Trump.


A photo posted by Beacon Charter High School for the Art teacher Nikos Giannopoulos shows a highlighted moment from his visit to the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC back in April.

The moment, as shown on Facebook, shows the chic teacher decked in a jazzy navy print blazer with a rainbow pin attached along with a gawky golden anchor collar necklace while waving a black laced fan in a slaying pose with the 45th President and his wife.


 'Rhode Island Teacher of the Year 2017 meets the 45th President of the United States. That's all,' he captioned the photo along with three rainbow emojis on Thursday.

In a previous post back on April 29, he described how he along with the other state teachers and the national teacher met with United States Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos.

Trump, who Giannopoulos refers to as 'the man', was said by the teacher to have 'read prepared remarks from a sheet of paper and made some comments about CEOs and which states he “loved” based on electoral votes that he had secured.'



The teacher added that the president didn't hand National Teacher of the Year 2017 Sydney Chaffee her award or allow her to speak. All the teachers then one-by-one took photos with Trump and Melania. 
Giannopoulos said that he wore the pin 'to represent my gratitude for the LGBTQ community that has taught me to be proud, bold, and empowered by my identity' and rocked the fan 'to celebrate the joy and freedom of gender nonconformity.'

'Had I been given the opportunity, I would have told him that the pride I feel as an American comes from my freedom to be open and honest about who I am and who I love,' said the special-education teacher about how the president didn't allow each teacher to speak for a few minutes like President Obama had done last year.

'I would have told him that queer lives matter and anti-LGBTQ policies have a body count.'

1 comment:

  1. A flaming fag with a fan.....I need to use some industrial eye cleaner to get this photo out of my memory!!!

    ReplyDelete